Website

Hi guys! I was so enthusiastic I decided to get myself and early birthday present and start a real website. So this blog won't be active anymore as from tomorrow:

Come and find me at www.stayaliveandcooking.com instead!

Would love to welcome you there :)
Vivian

January 28, 2016

Homemade granola

Good day!
As I mentioned before: breakfast recipes are my favourite recipes to share. And I have so many! Granola for example, which I started making a few months ago. Not only does it taste very nice in a bowl of yoghurt in the morning, it makes your whole house smell nice, too!

It does not take up that much work, you just need to find the right balance. I just keep tasting in between, but if you are more a "recipe kinda person" I bet you'll be able to measure your way through it in no time. Trust me, once you taste this granola you'll crave it for breakfast every day...






































What you'll need: 
- rolled oats, 300g
- roughly chopped up nuts, to taste (I used 75g) 
- (coconut) oil, 2 spoonfuls
- maple syrup, to taste (I used around 4 spoonfuls)
- pinch of salt
- cinnamon or vanilla extract (or both) 

If you like, you can add some grated coconut or any dried fruit such as raisins or apricots as well. I used walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds and pecan nuts but you can use any kind you like! Feel free to swap out the maple syrup for honey or any other kind of sweetener.

Directions: 
  • Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius. 
  • Measure the oil and place it in a bowl. If you use coconut oil, pop it in the microwave for half a minute to make it fluid. Add your sweetener to the bowl. 
  • Mix in the nuts, oats, the vanilla extract and/or cinnamon and salt. Make sure every part is glazed, and see if it's tasting the way you like it. 
  • Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet, making sure everything is spread evenly. 
  • Place it in the oven for around 30 minutes, rotating the mixture halfway. Don't forget to check it every once in a while: every oven is different and you don't want the nuts to burn! 
  • Let it sit for a while outside the oven, and once it's fully cooled down you can place it in an airtight container. 
I usually finish it within two weeks, but some people say you can keep it (if properly stored) for up to a month. Combine with some greek or vanilla flavoured yoghurt and enjoy!

I have to admit, I eat this as a snack sometimes, too. It smells so delicious....

See you next time!
Follow me: Bloglovin'
Social: Facebook, Google+, Instagram










No comments:

Post a Comment