Website

Hi guys! I was so enthusiastic I decided to get myself and early birthday present and start a real website. So this blog won't be active anymore as from tomorrow:

Come and find me at www.stayaliveandcooking.com instead!

Would love to welcome you there :)
Vivian

January 26, 2016

Pie for breakfast: apple/cinnamon/oatmeal crumble out of the oven


Okay, admit it: the best part of celebrating your birthday is having pie for breakfast. Well do I have some good news for you: there's a way to have guilt-free pie like breakfasts as often as you please!
That's right, I'm going to share with you today one of my favourite ways to start the day if I have a little more time on my hands. It's also great as a dessert: even better if you add some vanilla or cinnamon ice cream! Continue reading....

Hi guys!
My favourite recipes to share are usually related to breakfast. I am really into pastries and desserts and stuff, so you can make me extremely happy by preparing some pancakes or a good bowl of oatmeal for me. That's why I've decided to show you one of my all time best recipes: warm, sweet, tasty and fragrant pie-like apple cinnamon oatmeal crumble!

What you'll need for 1 serving: 
- 1 small apple 
- oatmeal, 35 g 
- honey to taste, I used 1 spoonful  
- cinnamon to taste, I used 2 teaspoons
- coconut oil, I used 1 spoonful 
- small bowl that can go in the oven 

I like to add some chopped up nuts such as walnuts or pecans and sometimes some grated coconut as well. Also, feel free to swap out the coconut oil for any other oil and the honey for sweeteners such as maple syrup!

Directions: 
  • Cut the apple into small pieces and mix with the cinnamon in the small oven tray (see picture below). 
  • Use a bowl and combine the oatmeal, oil, honey, nuts and/or coconut. If I prepare this dish, I prefer the oats to be a little "glazed" in the oil and honey, so I know for sure they won't stay dry. This is why I never measure: I just keep adding ingredients until I believe it's right so feel free to do the same. 
  • Preheat your oven to about 190-200 degrees, and place the oatmeal mixture like some sort of little cover on top of the apple pieces.  
  • Place the bowl in the oven for about 25 minutes. Let it cool down for a bit, and dig in! 

 
Trust me, this is a great way to start your day. See it as a little treat for yourself! 
If you are not a fan of apples, you can swap it out for any fruit you like. I might try a pear-maple syrup crumble next time, mmmm...

What do you like to have for breakfast? 

See ya next time! 
Vivian 

Follow me: Bloglovin'
Social: Facebook, Google+, Instagram








No comments:

Post a Comment